Atheist of the Year Award 2016
Call for nominations (open February 1st, 2016)
We are pleased to announce that, for the third time already, the Atheist of the Year Award will be presented again this year in Warsaw. The Contest aims to honour individuals, organizations or institutions for outstanding achievements in the following fields:
- promotion of the atheistic worldview and freedom from religion,
- fighting discrimination against non-believers,
- integration of Polish and international atheist movements.
The Title is awarded by the Jury from among candidates submitted to the Organizer of the Contest. The Contest is open to any natural or legal person who accepts the Atheist of the Year Title Regulations and is enrolled as a candidate using the attached nomination form.
Award Category: International
Deadline: February 29, 2016
- Maryam Namazie, Atheist of the Year 2014 Winner;
- Sanal Edamaruku, Atheist of the Year 2014 Winner(ex æquo);
- Waleed el-Husseini, Atheist of the Year 2015 Winner;
- Christian Eyschen, International Association of Free Thought (IAFT), National Federation of Free Thought (France);
- David Rand, International Association of Free Thought (IAFT), Atheist Freethinkers (Canada);
- Sue Cox, Survivors Voice Europe (Great Britain);
- Nina Sankari, International Association of Free Thought (IAFT), Kazimierz Łyszczyński Foundation (Poland).
Award Ceremony: April 2, 2016 at the Atheist Gala Dinner (Atheist Days, Warsaw)
Prizes: Diplomas and Statuettes. The Organizer reserves the right to award special prizes – in kind or cash.
Organizer: Kazimierz Łyszczyński Foundation Board
Propose a Candidate: Please complete this Nomination Form (2 pages) and send it by email to the Kazimierz Łyszczyński Foundation.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.