The IHEU General Assembly 2016 will take place on Sunday 22nd May 2016, in Valletta, the beautiful fortress city and capital of Malta.
The GA will take place from 0900 – 1700 at the Grand Hotel Excelsior (excelsior.com.mt). The hotel is located on the edge of Valletta, and there are a number of smaller inexpensive hotels in the area.
Also, the European Humanist Federation will hold their General Assembly on Friday 20th May and the Malta Humanist Association will hold a conference on Saturday 21st May. We hope that many of you will choose to attend all three events and enjoy a weekend of humanist networking, debates, discussions and socialising in a sunny and relaxed environment.
- Friday 20th May General Assembly, European Humanist Federation
- Saturday 21st May Conference, Malta Humanist Association
- Sunday 22nd May General Assembly, International Humanist and Ethical Union (IHEU)
We will send further details to delegates who register with the form below.
IHEU GA Registration
Documents and Procedures
- Resolutions by Member Organizations.
Member Organizations may submit items for discussion or resolutions for the General Assembly. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 23rd March 2016
- NOMINATIONS FOR ELECTIONS TO THE IHEU EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE.
The nominating Member Organization must complete a nomination form and the candidate must indicate acceptance on the form. There are two places on IHEU’s Executive Committee up for election.
>> [IHEU Executive Committee nomination form 2016] <<
Deadline: 7th April, 2016
- Nominations for the Distinguished Service to Humanism Award 2016.
This award recognises the contributions of Humanist activists to International Humanism and to organised Humanism. The names of recent recipients can be found on the IHEU website
[Download Distinguished Service to Humanism Award nomination form]
Deadline: 7th April, 2016
- Activity Reports from Member Organizations.
Member Organizations are invited to send a one-page report of their 2015 activities to email@example.com. These will be included in the Delegate Packs.
Deadline: 15th April 2016
- Registration for the General Assembly. Please use the webform above to register. Member Organizations are entitled to send representatives. Individual Supporters are also entitled to attend (but cannot vote). Places cannot be guaranteed for those who do not book by the due date.
Due date: 22nd April, 2016
- Registration of Proxy votes. Member Organizations that are not able to send a representative to the General Assembly are entitled to a proxy vote.
[Download proxy voting form 2016]
Note: Member Organizations must be up to date with membership fees in order to participate at the General Assembly.
For all queries and to submit all documents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.